psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Will things work out after a guy pursues a gal for about 2

Customer Question

Will things work out after a guy pursues a gal for about 2 years, and she says yes, dates for a few weeks, find out there is chemistry and attraction. Then he says he's confused and doesn't want a girlfriend 'right now'. Insists we stay friends. He calls 'strictly business' most of the time as he is and has been my customer this whole time. I have asked him to just go away, but still shows up to my work at least once a day. He says he does 'care' about me. I have lost myself telling him how I feel. I feel like I am now coming off desperate and needy. I can't quit my job, but I can't deal with this knot in my gut when he randomnly calls and shows up at my work. He never contacts me outside of work lately. I try to keep it professional, but now he seems so cold :( how do i deal?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It seems that here is a lot of confusion and uncertainty that you are trying to handle on your own but he has 50% of the answers. When this happens you have to take a step back. Pursue this gently You are walking a fine line between starting a relationship and having this problem at work (I am not sure what you do).

This has to be a risky situation. I am not sure how far you can push this. Work/personal hardly ever works out. Communication is the only way to resolve things