psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have been married 2 yrs and 7 months and have come to find

I have been married 2 yrs and 7 months and have come to find out alot about my husband that if I would have known before I wouldn't have married him.We purchased a home and were doing fine.I found out that his brother is leaving his wife but has to wait till their mother passes away to not upset their mother or shame himself. Lately my husband has asked for separate checking accts and changed jobs and plays his 401k in the stock market like some watch football 24-7. I get no attention on holidays or birthdays saying their overrated. I fell my marriage is over and I need to move on this is my second marriage and I will never marry again I've learned my lesson.I've tried talking to him but I think he can't get over his previous marriage in which she left him $170,000 in debt and a broken heart. What do I do? I'm just not happy.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
Wow, it does seem like there are a lot of positives here, most striking is the poor relationship between him and your daughters. That is always a shame. If you feel like you have exhausted the ability to resolve this then the best option is not an option. The next would be marriage or individual counseling to put a last effort in making this work. A lot can be done by either. I would suggest individual counseling to process how this is effecting you and to make sure you are okay. I would begin to look at your options regarding following through with what you want (separation etc.) so that you are prepared for whatever happens. Separation takes planning. This should be considered carefully to make sure you have made the right choice. His actions suggest that he doesn't care, doesn't respect you, or is not emotionally invested anymore. The decisionis yours