psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

MY BOYFRIEND is getting extremely possessive and controlling.

MY BOYFRIEND is getting extremely possessive and controlling. I have not done anything to him for him to be like this. Its actually him who has been caught doing things he shouldnt. We did know eachother 5 years before but only as friends and he knows alot about my past and blames that for his insecurities but still i am very faithful in relationships and have been faithful to him. I caught him cheating before and last night saw text messages between him and his other childs mom that i wasnt happy about. Now im 4 months pregnant and im trying so hard to make this work but he is acting so crazy i dont know what to do. He is the one doing things he shouldnt and hes making me miserable because hes so insecure! Like ill be on my phone who r u texting...or i wXXXXX XXXXXg out with my friend he will say why u hang out with a BITCH u will become a bitch. Just extremely out of line sometimes! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! I have told him and it only gets worse!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
This is emotional and verbal abuse. If you can, run. this will only get worse. I understand that you want to make it work but this usually doesn't get better. He is disrespecting you and is displaying behavior that suggests he is not interested in a healthy relationship. You are right about several things. His guilt is leading to him worrying about you because he is insecure - not because you are doing anything wrong. You could enecourage him to go to couples therapy even for a short time but it won't work if he isn't committed to this. I understand you are pregnant but this can be a very negative situation for a child. Find a couples counselor or even your pastor to discuss this before it becomes worse
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Wow thats dissapointing but i was actually expecting an answer like that...thanks so much for your honesty.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
everything is better. ive taken ur advice and am KEEPING CLEAR OF HIM :)
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
Be safe and happy