psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My wife nowadays spent more time at work and bringing it to

Customer Question

My wife nowadays spent more time at work and bringing it to home too, She doesn't recognize the importance of work-life balance. When I try to point out that, we end up in heat arguments. I like to know the way how to inform her and bring back family life to live?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
It is very difficult for some, especially women, to balance these two things. Instead of having an argument, create more inventive ways to introduce intimacy back into the home. Begin this by scheduling regular date nights that make her feel special. These should be quiet and just about the two of you. If you are having a candlelight dinner, all work talk is not allowed. Find creative ways to spend quality time together. When you have this down, then you can expand on this to include other things. The key is that this allows you time together without all the other stuff
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried that option. She starts talking about work there too.
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
That's a shame. Try enforcing this rule and designate it as date night so she is clear. The other option is to find quality time each day like sitting down to dinner and earmarking that for the 2 of you to talk. the same holds. Make it clear that talk about work is off limits. The problem is that she has to cooperate. Without that, nothing can change. You can go the opposite way of course. You could sit down and eat and that is the only time work talk is appropriate.