psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My G/F of 6 months has her most recent ex BF over every Saturday,

My G/F of 6 months has her most recent ex BF over every Saturday, often Sundays too, when I go to work. (I work Sat-Wed) They spend the day together, doing things like shopping, cooking, and just hanging out. He lived with her for 5 years before I came along. She insists there is NOTHING wrong here, but I think this "friendship" is WAY too close for comfort. She has not missed a single Saturday with him since I have been seeing her, despite my urging for her to miss just one weekend, for my sake. She claims my protests show that I am "controlling and possesive." i am open to them remaining friends, but not at this level. At first I believed her that nothing was going on. Now it's nearly impossible to trust her. Thoughts?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I agree with you. I would love to see this is just you, but this is both inappropriate and probably hurtful. The one week off thing also worries me. This does not show any consideration for you or the ability to compromise. She is not respecting your feelings about this at all. This would be certainly a problem with trust. I would continue to absolutely let your feelings be known and pursue a compromise. If not, then evaluate your decisions