psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I am in a committed relationship. Do you think my partner

I am in a committed relationship. Do you think my partner has something to hide if he insists that he has a secure email address? Mine is open he has access to every detail of my lift. I told him the only reason for a secure email address is if there is something he does not want me to know. Wanting ta secure email address makes me distrust him. He says i am wrong because i sould just trust him however, i feel trust is being open and hones in every way. Am I wrong?

Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I agree with you. If something is secure, it feels like he is keeping secrets or being secretive. I don't know anything about computers in general but consider that there may be another reason. There is also the possibility that he is just a guarded person and doesn't "have" trust for others. This can lead to separate bank accounts or this situation. It's up to the two of you to come to a compromise but in the end it's his email. Try to use this issue to work on compromise and trust