psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Hello, I am in a relationship with a friend I have known for

Hello, I am in a relationship with a friend I have known for about 6 years. After we began dating, 5 months ago, i was sure he was the one for me. I still am sure and he makes me very very happy but lately i have found myself questioning him and starting arguments over people he has been with in the past, particularly one girl (whom I know he absolutely cannot stand) but she is..ahem..*well known* where i am from. In better words, she sleeps around. it just bothers me that he was once attracted to someone like that and I find myself worrying that he is still attracted to those kind of women. He has never brought up anyone he has been with and I know that he is over them. I really don't want this affecting our relationship anymore but I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Please help, thank you.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
Thinking like that just comes from insecurity. Work towards having a firm foundation in your relationship and solid communication. Share this with him just not in a kind of nagging way but honestly. Ask for his support even if you feel silly. This is just pure insecurity so allow him the privilege of helping you through it. Six years is a long time so bring him into the process. It would give you the reassurance that you need to move past it.