psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I know my husband is using prostitutes when he is away on business

I know my husband is using prostitutes when he is away on business trips. He does not know that I know and I am not sure how to handle this. I know myself well enough to know that once I bring it up, our relationship is over. We have been married 28 years
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
First you need to find out if that is true somehow. But keeping this a secret to stay together solves absolutely nothing. The problem is still there. You need to bring it up in whatever form (counseling) that you need to, but it's not going to go away. Why would you want to stay in a relationship where this is happening. You deserve better. I would make an appointment with a counselor, take him with you and tell him there in this setting. I am curious to know why you think it will be over. Wouldn't the same be true if he is seeing prostitutes. Yes it makes it out in the open, but that's all it changes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You said your curious why I think it would be over, well I know that once I admit to him that I have known all along, then staying with him would be an acceptance of his behavior.
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I don't think that is how it will happen - that makes it partly your fault and it's definitely not. Move forward from today by first acknowledging that you know and this is not how a relationship with trust should work. Stand your ground firm and with no apologies