psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My boyfriend told his 8 year old daughter about me and she

My boyfriend told his 8 year old daughter about me and she got extremely upset. Now he has called off the relationship until things settle down. How do I cope with this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
It is going to be very difficult to carry on a relationship with someone who has this situation. They are always going to side with their children. I don't know how committed you are but you may be on hold while he irons this out. I don't know if being in limbo is something that you want to tolerate on a periodic basis. Kids usually warm up but ever so slowly. Ask yourself is this a problem I want to contend with on a regular basis. If the answer is no, then it may be best to look at your options. And then when it gets bad, he wants space. I would start looking at other ways to find happiness