psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

if my bf is suddenly concerned about who i am with, what Im

if my bf is suddenly concerned about who i am with, what I'm doing, and where i am is that a sign of an abusive relationship evolving? Should i break up with him even though we have been dating for a while now and i like alot of other things about him? sometimes i feel trapped int this relationship
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
If you feel trapped and have to answer to him, it may or may not be abusive depending on where this leads. However it is a sign of a controlling relationship which is common in the first stages of abuse. Even if it doesn't lead to anything abusive it almost always becomes worse. This kind of person needs to control every aspect of your life especially activities when you are not together. If this behavior is appealing, then you may want to tolerate it, but it will become stricter and stricter. Make an important decision soon so that it doesn't make you even more unhappy. You can try to get him to change but that doesn't usually happen