Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I am currently in love with a guy with a 3 year daughter. He

Customer Question

I am currently in love with a guy with a 3 year daughter. He broke up with his ex not too long ago, about 7-8 months ago and has told me he never really wanted to be with her but wanted to make it work for their daughter. But he found out she cheated on him. This was the final straw for him to leave her and move on. We have so much chemistry and definitely both know we are in love. Just recently he found out his ex was pregnant with what she claims is his baby. I feel selfish if I want to keep fighting for him. I know having a new born baby changes things because both parents need to be there. I am not sure what to do because I have a feeling I will be the one hurt in the end. So I don't know if I should leave now and prevent getting even more hurt later or try to work it out with him. Please advise.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

It would be important to know what he wants to do. There are many man who have several children and do not reunite with their ex. You are correct- he would always be a father whether to one or multiple kids. His time, energy and resources would be tied to them perhaps even when they are older.

You would have to ask yourself- 1/ would sharing them with others be all right and to what extent, 2/ what future does he want to have with you? (are you wanting kids of your own and is he willing to father your kids as well) 3/ what level of commitment is he willing to invest in your relationship- what are his goals of it? 4/ is he someone you trust completely (that he won't hurt you in the long run, or are you having even 10% doubt?

Ponder on these questions and figure out where does he stand in all of this. Then, your answer will come to you in a clearer view.