psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

my boyfriend of 9 years sent me a email saying his counselor

Customer Question

my boyfriend of 9 years sent me a email saying his counselor thought it best to not contact me and to send me a email to let me know he can't see me right now and if he finds that someday his mind/body/soul want me back he will contact me. How should i react? I need some sort of closure.  I would really like a way to make him want be back so that I could tell him i'm not interested.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
First please don't make him want you back for no reason. This is not really nice and probably just because the breakup is so new. If he is seeing someone and wants to end it than you have no choice but to do so. He may come around later or you could meet someone even nicer. This is a very emotional time and you will be able to move on. As far as closure, sometimes it's not one thing in particular but a series of things. You are not speaking or anything. That may be the closure you need if you focus on you and your happiness