psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Am I too old to be single

Customer Question

<p>I feel that I am too old to be single.  I am 27 years old and my boyfriend just dumped me and I just really feel the need to start a family.  Everyone around me is married and has kids and I want that really bad!  Is there something wrong with me that I am still single?</p>
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You are never to old to be single and I 'm sure it's not you. You probably have positive qualities that another person could really find these redeeming. You have plenty of time to start a family. Don't measure your life by what others are doing. They can't go partying, stay out all night, pursue their interests, find a great job that takes all your time. Focus on finding another great relationship and definitely focus on you. The rest will happen when it's time. You can be the young professional and have other experiences under your belt that they will not have. Focus on doing you. Find others in your situation and a young professional may find you. That doesn't mean your defective. It's just not your time yet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So why do I feel the need to be married and have children? I am so afraid of being alone in life and not having that experience
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You are just feeling pressured because the media encourages this stage in your life where you are supposed to have children and also because your friends have children. But not everyone does everything on time. There is a huge space of time to have children you are rushing into it because it is kind of expected but you will have children if that is meant to be. Relax and enjoy this time in your life. Don't keep comparing yourselves to others or what you see. You have time for the rest. Find a great relationship and a great career and before you know it you will be 30 something and looking back.