Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I met a guy at a party and we stayed up talking for six hours.

I met a guy at a party and we stayed up talking for six hours. He never asked for my number, but he did add me on facebook. I do not think that he just wants to be friends because we kissed and talked about a lot of things involving relationships and things like that. If he has not contacted me other than adding me on facebook does that mean he is not interested? And if not why would he have talked to me for six hours?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

it may not be the answer you want, but it is an objective view. He could have talked to you because he found the conversation interesting, he did not connect w/ others there, he was bored, etc. The kiss and the length of time spent talking could have been opportunistic. It also depends on the level of alcohol or drugs consumed.

His future behaviors will let you know more about his intent. It is possible that he just wants someone to talk to without pursuing a relationship. Men are like that. Women assume that a man can have another agenda and sometimes that is based on one's wish or misperception. Even after a 6 hour conversation, you do not necessarily know the person well enough to make conclusions. If he is open to a friendship or in talking to you in the future, then see where things lead.