psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

Weve been dating each other for 6 months and recently had

Customer Question

We've been dating each other for 6 months and recently had an arguement which I expressed my feelings towards the actions he did and not is angry at himself for upsetting me. The recent txt message I received said "I love you too baby. I hate that I feel this way. Dealing with my son is hard enough and then when you're not happy bc of how I act or what i say REALLY makes me hate myself. I know I am a better person than how i acted last week." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Please help
Sincerely, April
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

Please be careful that his vow to be a better person isn't a game. Sometimes people lay it on and it's really a way to keep misbehaving and then apologize. Don't tolerate any abuse from anyone. Make sure that he doesn't hate himself by being kind, considerate and in control. This may sound more like his way of saying he is sorry but it is best to not engage in behavior. He is trying to say that whatever he did is not typical behavior for him.

Also try not to be too accommodating. You deserve to be treated well and not otherwise followed by excuses. Bend but don't break for someone else. On the positive note, he may really want to change and thinks enough of you to be examining the way he behaves or thinks around you.

Try to find ways to interact with each other, and to be happy or as he says not miserable because of him. That actually sounds like he wants to make you happy