psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

Hello,I recently just moved from Ontario to Alberta with my

Hello,I recently just moved from Ontario to Alberta with my husband and two children.Its been 18 years since I lived here.When I left Alberta it was from a foster home where I had been involved with my foster mothers son whom I fell in love with.Ive been married 15 years now but still I have always loved him.Its been two weeks now and weve been chatting on facebook and we want to meet.I do love my husband but I love him too.I know its wrong to cheat but I love him more and if he feels the same way I could seriously consider leaving my husband for him.I dont want to hurt my husband especially since I know how it feels to be cheated on and left.He did it about 5 years ago but we got through it.Its difficult because I want a life with them both.I want to explore this "relationship"to see if it can go further but I dont want to hurt anyone or myself.What do I do?It's like I can't not see him amd we're already arranging a meet.Also I think cheaters are terrible but how can it be terrible when I've loved this man longer than my husband.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
I think you are trying to find the solution to be kind to everyone and still be happy. It is a shame, but there is still the possibility that your husband will be very hurt especially in light of making it through his own cheating. You have some serious decisions to make especially in regard to your children. They get hurt too. So consider for one that if you go to strike up this new relationship your husband and your children may not be waiting if it doesn't work out. So you are the only one that can decide on the relationship that you wish to pursue but think of the repercussions as well. To be with the guy in Canada you may lose your family and they may not be waiting if it doesn't work out. If you go with your husband then you may not be as happy as with the other guy but you know the relationship that you are getting and this gives stability. I know this doesn't answer it for you but it can serve as a way for your to consider your options.
psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues