psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My husband and I really do love each other to bits. However,

Customer Question

My husband and I really do love each other to bits. However, I suffer with sensory perception dysfunction which means that if my husband inadvertently touches me in a way I don't like, it drives me up the wall and I tend to get very upset and expereince terrible negative thoughts. Where can we get help to sort this out as it is undermining our confidence in life and our whole relationship.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I am feeling that the medical field can educate you about the disease and how it feels to function in a relationship with this. This would help both of you with the physical repercussions of touch. There also should be organizations that can really help with the practical issues surrounding this disease - organizations are often more helpful with the practical side of a illness. Check the internet for a source of support so that you have as much information as possible. Such as organizations like the American Cancer Society. Often people who have the same experiences make the best teachers. Lastly, find a therapist who has some background in treating people with a chronic illness. You may find someone who is sensitive to dealing with an illness rather than just dealing with relationship conflict