psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I think i am not attracted to my partner of 13 years anymore.

I think i am not attracted to my partner of 13 years anymore. I keep dreaming about being intimate with others. My partner fancies me,but i find it really difficult to get in the mood. I don't know what to do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 6 years ago.
People in relationships often find that they become routine and boring after many years. But the decision about whether to go or stay is between you and your mate. I say that because of the kiss between you and ex. This could mean that you are reconsidering the intention to stay and that decision needs to be made first because if you are moving on then you won't be dedicated to fix this one. I always encourage couples to make a huge effort to make this work by working on romance. They often agree to make time for each other including date nights where you can focus on you 2 and the need for quality time. This should be quiet time to spend together. Also to concentrate on romancing each other through special gestures. If you feel repulsed by these suggestions then maybe you have moved on already