Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My boyfriend of 9 years broke up with me and now dating someone

Customer Question

My boyfriend of 9 years broke up with me and now dating someone else. We still live together, sleep together and most of the time act as a couple. He says he loves me and misses me when I am not here. He says we are not compatible that we do not know how to communicate. Everything else seems to work fine. Can I save the relationship?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

you can save the relationship as long as he is willing to do the same. He will have to break it off with the other person. Hopefully, she knows that the two of you are still living together.

He may be acting this way because he believes that you'd be there for him no matter what. But, the fact remains - he's dating someone at the same time. Figure out what led to the break up after such a long time together, what he wants out of you and what is he going to do with the other person. Let him know that you're not replaceable and that if he does not do something about this, you may not be there waiting for him.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.