TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I have been dating a guy for 6 weeks now and we have both agreed

Customer Question

I have been dating a guy for 6 weeks now and we have both agreed that things are going very well. We have both said that we are not dating anyone else, but recently he said that he doesn't want to rule out that possibility just so that he can be sure about our relationship. I am hurt by that. We have been intimately involve and the thought of him dating other girls and dividing his rare free time with them hurts my feelings. Last night (saturday night) I asked if he wanted to do something an he said he had plans to go to his parents for dinner. I had a feeling that wasn't true so I drove past his parents house and he wasnt there. So now I wonder if he's lying. Should I confront him or just back off and see if he initiates seeing me to see if he truly wants to spend time with me? I just don't know if I can expect him to be exclusive with me after 6 weeks, but I have said that I don't have the desire to date anyone else because I want to devote my time and energy to our developing relationship to see if it's going to work. I think I deserve the same in return. How do I proceed since I have feelings for him?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below: