Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.

I recently cought my boyfriend cheating and told the girl she

I recently cought my boyfriend cheating and told the girl she could have him and I didn't want him. Actually I said it out of anger with him. I feel alot of hate toward him because he hurt me so badly. Truth is, I was engaged to him and very in love. He started treating me differently a few months ago and I was shocked. My question do I swich my thinking to more positive thoughts? I am so hurt, all I can think of is him. Its Christmas, I'm alone. I feel horrible and need to switch myself around. Ive tried praying for solitude, wishing harm on him then just thinking "I hope he is happy" but nothing is working.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA

You may need to change your thinking around about yourself instead of about him. Say to yourself: "I am a good person. I was a great girlfriend. I did the best I could in that relationship. The fact that he cheated on me does not make me a bad person or a poor companion. Someone else will come along and a very lucky to have me. l do not deserve to treated the way he treated me."

Look in the mirror and say these things to yourself every morning and every evening. Then your depressed feelings will go away. Good luck