Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I am in a relationship with a man who is in a long-term, long-distance

I am in a relationship with a man who is in a long-term, long-distance relationship with a woman who is 17 years younger. They have been on hiatus since we began talking then eventually began our relationship. I live here, and he has been in other relationships with local women throughout their relationship. He says that he loves her and wants to marry her. He (60) and I (56) are closer in age, extremely compatible, finish each others sentences, think alike about most things, understand each other, are both Christians (she's Buddhist) and he lies to her because she doesn't want to know. He says that she and I are the best things in his life. We don't talk about love because I don't want to give heart to him for it to be broken. Am I just wasting my time? If not, then what can I do to improve my chances of being the one he decides to choose.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

You're not wasting your time if this is what you want to do at this stage in your life regardless of the outcome. No matter what you do, he can still decide what he wants for himself. There is nothing you ought to be doing differently to entice him to choose you. Be yourself and very clear about what you want out of a relationship. He may not be willing to settle from what you've describe 1/ he's been in other relationship while dating her, 2/he's dishonest to her while communicating with you 3/ he is trying to do what works for him regardless of the other person. If you want more out of a relationship than what he's capable of offering, then it would be a waste of time in that situation.