TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

my wife has made up her mind that she wants out by way of divorce,

Customer Question

my wife has made up her mind that she wants out by way of divorce, she told me nothing I do or say will change her mind, she wants her divorce so her healing can start and she can put closure to the whole situation. She does not want to hear anything comeing from me about us, because there is no us she says, I told her this week that I love her, she ask me why I'm I still running on with foolishness. How do I deal with this in attemting to save my marriage
We have been married for 18 Years dating 7 years prior, have three girls 13,12 & 7, I denied a number of times having sex with another female and finnially I came out and admit it to her. The relationship / affair was cut off a month before i told the truth. she moved out two months later and took the girls and by that time she had already file for divorce, she said she seeks no reconcilation . She does not want any councel and said she has execise her God given rights and made up her mind and she wants a divorce. Is it true forgiveness to walk away and not wanting reconcile and save the marriage

We are both Christians and are leaders in the church

How do I deal with this
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator