Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

Our son has been married for just over a year Sept. He has

Customer Question

Our son has been married for just over a year Sept. He has called us to inform us that his wife is leaving him. She claimed he has ruffed her up and she was once in a relationship like that and will never go that way again. We then found out that she has been seeing someone else. You put two and two together and you start to understand why problems start.
It all started when she would say she`s working on a sunday. He realize that her paystubbs never had 1 sunday pay! That`s when he started to ask question to her and problems start.
We went over to their home and spoke to the both of them. Telling our son never!!! are you to lay your hand apone anyone. We had spoken to our son before and told her he will give you space to think about it and he will get couneling. And she would have to attend. Try to fix the marriage first. But the language that was coming out of his wife`s mouth was terrible. To a point I told my husband that I cannot continue to talk to her,
I left and went into the car and my husband continued to talk to her. Our son was on night shift and had to leave for work. When he came into the car he said she has her mind made up.
She since has moved out to this guy`s place but doesn`t want a divorce. She has been drinking a lot as our son now is starting to speak out. He didn`t want us to know of his problems before but now he has been torn and is speaking out.,.
We have tickets for a trip in April that they were to come on as husband and wife.
She said she still wants to come . If not as his wife but a friend! I do not want her to come now.
She want to come over to our place at Xmas but not as her husband.
Told our son that she has no real family. She is not close to her mother that now lives in Mexico with her stepfather. Has a brother that just move closer to her . She had stayed at his place for a week and now he!!! doesn`t want anything to do with her.
She has taken off her wedding ring as of Dec. 7th
She is living at this time with the man she left our son for.
We are so torn up about this . We are hurting so bad for our son but are being strong for him. Sleepless nights now , always thinking of him.
Our son has since gone to Doctors. He has a lot of friends supporting him. Being with him at this time. Now he is not sure if he even wants her back.
What ever he desides we will support him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shirley Schaye shs300 :

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. So what is your question?