TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

This is a question about staying with my partner of 3 years,

Customer Question

This is a question about staying with my partner of 3 years, or moving on becuase I think I can maybe do better...............................Basically I am happy with my boyfriend, we have had our ups and downs like every couple, but there is one thing that is always nagging at me........He was born with a disfigurement, one of his arms is twisted and shorter than the other, and his hand is smaller than the other, only having 2 fingers and not 4. He has lived with this and belive it or not he is great at hiding it, when we started dating I didn't even notice for 6 weeks! By the time I did notice I thought he was Mr perfect and had fallen for him. However little things recently are niggling at me, like when we go on holiday he won't go out of his comfortzone and go topless etc etc it just seems to hold him/us back a bit, and I know I worry what people think....When we meet new people, or go out for meals I am always on edge thinking have people noticed it. I know it sounds totally shallow of me, and belive me it shouldn't matter, but it obviously does, sometimes I just get on with it and accept it but just lately I have been thinking about it more and more, as he has also started being less attractive to me. I sort of feel like I can do better one minute, but then realise that he is such a great guy, he treats me like a princess and would do anything for me, surely this should be enough to make me happy? And surely eveyone has their inperfections, wether they be visible or not, I know I have!!!!
Just sooo confused, what would you do?
Am I just a shallow cow?
Basically my situation is, do I move on and start again looking for my mr right, or stay, if I stay will this niggle at me forever?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You have taken my £11 deposit out of my bank. This question has not been answered so I expect a full refund by Friday 17th December.

Please acknowledge my email and respond to me asap,[email protected]

Thank you