TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I have begun talking to a man I knew and dated in high school

Customer Question

I have begun talking to a man I knew and dated in high school 37 years ago. We talked alot about our young relationship and how romantic it was. The attraction is still there. But, I have fallen so deeply in love with him again. I have told him this and he told me he loves me too, but I don' t think he is at the same place I am. We had an issue yesterday that left me in tears all day. We were teasing each other online and I misunderstood him and he me. I told him I had secrets and he wouldn't know what they were unless he told me a specific thing about him that is a very minor one. Just teasing. He wanted to know what my secrets are so to make him mpre comfortable I told him I wanted to be with him, help him get better ( he has prostate cancer), I wanted is heart where mine is and lastly I told him I would marry him tomorrow if he asked. He seemed a little taken back but that he was happy that someone cared so much for him. We have talked some today, just the regular good mornings and love you's, but very sweetly. He JUST texted me and told me he couldn't wait to make love to me. Buy the way this is long distance. I am going to see him for the 2nd time next week. He can't come to me due to his work schedule. I was there I saw the schedule and it is true.We have talked abut slowing down a little and we should. He's got a lot on his plate with the cancer. I don't really know what my question to you is except I feel so bad about hurting him and making him angry about a joke that I can't find comfort within myself. I feel a little akward about flirting with him too much since we agreed to slow down. He's such a wonderful man. We agree that we would have possibly made a life together if my parents hadn't forbid me to see him when we were young. He is black and I white. Parents are gone. Now I want him. In your opinion, are we starting this out right? Have I said too much?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator