Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I am in an unhappy relationship for more than two years, has

Customer Question

I am in an unhappy relationship for more than two years, has been a long distance relation and we see ourselves 3 times a month. I feel unhappy because she hangs out a lot with men and is hyperactive, and that makes me feel jealous and hurts me. Sometimes I feel like she's using me and that I am just confortable to her. I just don´t know what to do anymore because the pain comes and goes and comes again! My question is: I am unhappy because she's not a good influence on me or the problem is mine because I´m jeallous and always fear that she's having sex with someone!!! She always wants a lot of attention, sometimes she sucks all my energy.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

The problem can be related to both factors- you're jealous and she is an emotional vampire who's draining you and may be in fact engaging with others when the two of you are apart.

Two years is a long time to feel this way. You've got to figure out why you've committed to the relationship and been a yo-yo in her life. Is it because of codependency, is it because you love her unconditionally no mater what and are willing to sacrifices your happiness for that, is it because a long distance relationship is convenient etc. Unless she wants to change, you would experience the same because she will continue to act this way.