Lori Gephart
Lori Gephart, Licensed Psychologist
Experience:  Psychologist, Hypnotherapist & Divorce Coach providing marital therapy for over 20 years.

whats the best way to have a man trust u if he doesnt.

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Lori Gephart replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing in your relationship. Keep in mind that trust can be lost quickly but takes time to earn back. Taking things slowly, by being someone's friend is a good place to start. Additionally, someone who is trustworthy will do what they say; their actions will match their words on a consistent basis.

Remember that love and respect are verbs. Simply telling someone you love them is not love; it requires acting in a consistently loving way. If you feel that you have consistently acted in a trustworthy way, but your partner still is not trusting of you, then it may be his issue, perhaps due to past relationships, that is making it difficult for him to trust. Remember that actions speak louder than words. I hope this answer is helpful. Please let me know if I can clarify further.