TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

so my ex-boyfriend and i broke up in sept...we have been seeing

Customer Question

so my ex-boyfriend and i broke up in sept...we have been seeing each other a lot as if we were still together. We were still sleeping together until he recently deicded he wasnt 'into' it anymore and if we had sex after that he would tell me that he regrets it and i provoked him. I am not that desperate for sex but i think i just hoped that it would help us get back together.

Anyways we got into a huge fight and now he wants to limit contact, although we have mutual friends. I know he now thinks im cheap and although he says he respects me i dont think he does.

I moved to his city to be with him, and i dont have any friends here other than his, in many ways i feel a little dependent on him. I also feel like i have become needy and i lowered my beliefs and standards for him.

As much as i want to be with him i know he only views me as a friend...but i want his respect esp since with have mutual friends and will be seeing each other. i love him alot and its been hard letting how can i get him to respect me again?

PS. in addition i pretty much begged him to hang out with me on our usual days and he said no but again im sure it looked desperate and maybe i am because i dont want to lose him...although i already basically i want my confidence back! pls help me!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below: