TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I havent been in a relationship for a long time, because Im

Customer Question

I haven't been in a relationship for a long time, because I'm afraid of it not working out. There have been times when I was emotionally hurt when a relationship didn't work out, and I was married once only to find out that the guy had lied to me about every single thing- he even said he had 2 purple hearts from being a navy seal- and that was all a lie. Now I'm afraid to ever get involved with a guy romantically. I have no love life, and I wouldn't be able to handle a friends with benefits situation so I've never tried that. I'm really unmotivated at this point in my life. I'm 28 years old and once had hopes of having children and getting married but now I'm scared to death of that. I also just got on an antidepressant about 2 months ago. I don't have alot of friends, and the ones that I do have- I feel afraid to open up to them. Any advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  Suzanne replied 5 years ago.

Sorry you have had to wait so long for a reply.

You mentioned the medications you've tried, but didn't mention any therapy. Have you seen a counselor? If so, did you find it helpful to talk with someone?

I look forward to working with you on this question...