TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

My wife and I have been married for 10 years now. 5 years ago

Customer Question

My wife and I have been married for 10 years now. 5 years ago we had a child and my in-laws moved in to help out ... and stayed ever since. In these five years, I was increasingly marginalized at my own house. My in-laws basically took over my house. They run a unlicensed daycare, make a mess of my house. They raise my kid as they see to fit. For example, my child is left handed but my mother-in-law absolutely insists on having him use his right hand. When I asked her to stop, she got mad at me. My wife absolutely sides with her parents. And over the years, the situation gets worse. It seems nowadays my only function in the household is to make money, and in return, I still get to stay in my own house. My wife has pulled all sorts of tricks to "suppress" my "rebellion". She tried to be nasty, give me looks, throw temper tantrum whenever I'm not happy with the situation. Recently, my in-laws start to badmouth me in front of my neighbors. I had enough. Unfortunately, legally it's not easy for me to force-ably evict my in-laws. Is there anything I can do to improve the situation at home?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator