Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

Hi, Im a guy. I was in a relationship for a year. We got along

Hi, I'm a guy. I was in a relationship for a year. We got along well. She had lingering issues with a guy before me. Though she said she was done and trying to move forward with us. She wanted me to help with that. Well she was helping me with my past partner. When the year was about up she asked if it would be ok to go on a date with someone else. I told her NO ! Well she did . So she is with this other guy now. I told her i love her. She said why did wait so long to say this ? I told her i wasnt sure she was over the other guy. He asked her to marry him 2 months earlier! I wasnt sure. She wanted us to move in together. Later on get married. I would love to do that ! but now she is with a guy from her past that she once told me he was a jerk ! Now our friends hate this guy ! They know hes a piece of crap! my question is ... I love her. I told her this... Is she just fallin for this guy for now.? Do i have a chance to right a wrong ?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

You can have a chance with her if she is willing to give you that chance.

From what you've described, the situation does not seem very optimistic. She disregarded your wish not to date others, she moved out and is with him, now she's unhappy for whatever reason and wants to come back to. But, you have to make sure that if she is to come back she is doing this to be with you and not just to avoid him out of convenience.

Her behavior appears immature and opportunistic to an objective observer. Even if she is not certain about what she really wants, there are different ways to handle that without putting you in the middle. While the two of you are apart, use the time to figure out what you want. Even if you love her, can you trust her that this won't happen again down the road, and how is she going to prove that to you?