TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I am 38 years old. My boyfriend saw an email that I sent to

Customer Question

I am 38 years old. My boyfriend saw an email that I sent to a friend (who was an ex over five years ago.) Shortly before I met my current boyfriend Shawn, I found out that my ex-boyfriend Jim has been diagnosed with liver cancer. At one point, doctors were giving him 6m to 1 year to live. Jim and I, over the years, has reached a point where we can talk and support each other strictly as friends. I spoke with Jim back in August and he was getting ready for a second surgery. Since then I have not communicated with you either by phone, email or in person (partly due to my full attention on my relationship with Shawn (current) and with work and my daughter). The problem...last week I sent an email to Jim because I started thinking that he might not have fared well after the second surgery. In the email, I spoke about my concerns for him, but also about my daughter, my work, and even activities Shawn and I had recently joined. The last two sentences before I signed off caused the problem. I wrote to Jim that he has been on my mind a lot (which is true since I didn't even find out if he made it out of surgery well) and that I miss him and hope his health is stable. I signed off with love, then my name. Shawn is hurt and furious. Please help me save my relationship.<br /><br />Already tried...I sent an email explaining to Shawn that Jim is first and only person who is my peer diagnosed with a terminal illness. I didn't talk to him after his second surgery and there are guilt factors from me, thinking I missed my chance to see him before he passed. I reassured Shawn that it is him that I love.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below: