Suzanne, Therapist, LCSW
Experience:  Experienced in treating trauma, relationship issues, co-dependency

some weekends my boyfriend leaves and ignore my calls and text.

Customer Question

some weekends my boyfriend leaves and ignore my calls and text. he says hes in the house chilling. but he just started doing that. he will call and talk for a sec then he says ill call u back he not on his phone and he is at home but i think someone may be there with him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for bringing your question to Just Answer!

I know this will be hard to read, but I think you are right to wonder if he is cheating on you.
When someone's behavior changes suddenly, you have every right and reason to suspect that they are hiding something from you. Either:
1. he no longer feels as he once did toward you, but is afraid to break up with you..and he hopes that by treating you badly you will dump him, so he doesn't have to have the guilt of hurting you. OR,
2. He is seeing someone else.

The fact that he says that's he's home chilling on the weekends instead of spending time with you is all the information you really need to know that this man is not as invested in this relationship as you are. And if that was all he was doing, he should have been able to talk and text as usual. The answer is clear--that's not what he is really doing.

When a guy really wants to be with a woman, he will do everything he can to be with her. This guy is pulling away.

Save your sanity and your heart and get out of this relationship. Find someone who is your biggest fan, whose favorite thing is to spend time with you, and who makes you feel like someone very special.

I think deep down, you already knew there was a big problem. I'm sorry to say I agree with you. You deserve someone who treats you with respect.