Cathy
Cathy, Counselor
Experience:  Ms, MS.Ed., thirty years clinical practice
25773729

IM DATING A NICE MAN I MET 6 MONTHS AGO I WAS HAPPY. WE BOTH

Customer Question

I'M DATING A NICE MAN I MET 6 MONTHS AGO I WAS HAPPY. WE BOTH HAVE NOT BEEN WITH ANYONE FOR A WHILE WE ARE BOTH IN OR 50'S. THE PROBLEM IS I'VE MET ANOTHER MAN WHOM I WOULD LIKE TO GET TO KNOW BETTER, WE HAVE NOT BEEN SEXUAL BUT I HAVE WITH THE FIRST ONE . I'M HAVEING A PROBLEM SEE THE BOTH OF THEM . LONG TERM I DON'T THINK THINGS WOULD WORK OUT WITH THE FIRST GUY BUT HE HAS ALOT OF FEELINGS FOR ME AND I DON'T WANT TO HURT HIM. HELP!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cathy replied 6 years ago.

Hi JA customer and thanks for writing.

Your post is so refreshing and good for you for getting out there and meeting some nice men. I am so pleased for you.

Here is one plan you can consider and you can let me know if this is palatable for you or not. I would tell man number one that you would like to remain on friendly terms but that you would also like to pursue man number two. Either man number one will say yes or no but either way you have been honest and upfront and will have no issues with your conscience.

Its your life no one elses and while I am sure you do not wish to harm anyone you cannot live your life simply to please others. If you are honest but also kind and sensitive you should be able to navigate your way through this.

Let me know what you think?

Warm regards,

Cathy

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION ALTHOUGH I WAS REALLY LOOKING FOR AND ANSWER BEFORE I SAW #1 LAST NIGHT. WE DID TALK AND I FEEL AND DID ALMOST EXACTLY WHAT YOU STATED. I CAME HOME AROUND 12;45 AND CHECKED FOR AN ANSWER BUT STILL NOTHING SO EVEN THOUGH THE ADVICE WAS GOOD I HAD ALREADY FIGURER IT OUT ON MY OWN #1AND I WILL CONTINUE TO TALK AS FRIENDS AS I GET TO KNOW #2 BETTER THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EXPERTES
Expert:  Cathy replied 6 years ago.
Great! good luck to you.