Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

I am going through a trial separation with my husband, and

I am going through a trial separation with my husband, and wondering if dating during this time could jeopardize my ability to make a non-biased decision about our future? I have recently met a man whom I really enjoy hanging out with, but I am wondering if it is best to put things on hold in order to make a final decision regarding the future of my marriage.
At the same time, my husband is pushing strongly for us to hang out and try to make things work? Is this a good idea? Or should I just take some time to myself?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 6 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Best,
Walter
Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi, sorry no one was available until now to answer your question. Seeing another while deciding whether to stay married will not give you any insight on the marriage itself. If you are not in couples therapy that would be most helpful. If you want your marriage to work, you need to work on it. Date your husband, don't hang out. Start as though you just met, it will help you remember the reason you married in the first place. Counseling is very important part of finding out if you can save your marriage or if you need to go your separate ways.
Please click accept and leave feedback.
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience: PHD LPC