Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

i have been with my partner 4 nearly 6 months.. last week i

Customer Question

i have been with my partner 4 nearly 6 months.. last week i discovered tht he had set up a fake social networking account posing as a 17 year old girl and sending private explicit mail messages saying tht he wanted to talk dirty to them and trying to get them to send him explicit pictures via msn or text even going as far as saying to one girl tht he was a model and if she sent him pictures he could get her some work.. i also discovered that he had set up two fake profiles on other websites saying he was single and was up for some fun on cam and chat.. we are still together after he promised me that this was never gonna happen again.. and tht he was disgusted with himself... what he done is pretty sick and i don't know if i can get past it.. do you think we have a chance or is he likley to do it again... does he have a sexual addiction problem
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
He will probably do it again since the only reason he confessed is because he was caught. It may or may not be a sexual addiction but it is definitely perverted and actually against the law. Since you only have 6 months invested in this relationship I say cut your losses now. There is already too much baggage and interference in the relationship to make it function normally.