Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

Whats the normal time frame to get over a ex who was your first

Whats the normal time frame to get over a ex who was your first love?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi, there is no time frame for getting over your first love, you do get over them as time goes on however this person will always have a special meaning to you since they were your first love. You'll know when you are over them romantically when you get on with your life, go out and start meeting others. If the parting was mutual you will recover faster, if it wasn't your choice it may take longer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is it normal 7 tears later even though ive been in relationships and have a child? i am not in a relationship now but wasnt because of this
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Depends, is it due to wondering what would have been have you remained together? We tend to fantasize about the What if's and of course our curiosity.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. I did plan to marry her. but she moved and I didnt drive and got scared. Plus people at the time told me to forget about her and it wouldnt last. After the break up we still talked then we stopped talking due to plans getting changed on her part and other drama. I reached pout to her in the summer and have spoken to her on the phone and once and a while on facebook. I am comming out a 5 year relationship where there wasn't any love on my end the end of it but we had a child together.

I had dreams of her recently which is why i am asking out for advice. We were gonna meet up but she never came through.

I guess I never got my clouser
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.

Well now that you are not in a relationship you can try again and see what happens.

Please click accept and leave feedback.