TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I am a middle aged divorced woman with no children. I have

Customer Question

I am a middle aged divorced woman with no children. I have been dating a man in his early '50s for 8 years now. While he has always promised a future and family with me, I found out 3 years ago that he was living a double life and has another woman in his life. While he has said it is a business realtionship, I know it is not. They purchased a beach house together 2 years ago. He refuses to introduce us if it is casual and I have not yet met his elderly Mom. Aside from leaving him, I do not know what to do to get him to be truthful and faithful...
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

You can not make someone else do anything. He chooses what to do based on what's in for him. His behavior had been quite hurtful and disappointing. Realistically, what do you think he is capable of, and why would you want to be with him after all of this? You've already spent your emotions, time and trust in him.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.