Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

I have been dating the same man for almost three years and

Customer Question

I have been dating the same man for almost three years and he has never said I love you. When I tell him he simply states you know I'm the tin man. Is is worth another 3 years?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
Absolutely positively not. You want more from him that he simply cannot give you. And luckily for you he openly admits it. So stop pretending he is going to be the man of your dreams and accept him for who he really is. Can you accept him and still be happy???
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know. I am in love with him and when we are together it feels right but I don't think it will go any further than it is right now. Should I talk to him about this? What do I say? I'm so confused pleas help me.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
I guess I assumed you have told him that this bothers you. Since you have not then I would start there. Simply tell him that this is what you notice and you are wondering where he is coming from with the whole "I love you" thing. Also, tell him you are confused and it is causing mixed signals for you. See how he responds and then make your move based on the new information.