TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

Dear Sir or Madam Im 35 years old Ive been with my girlfriend,

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam
Im 35 years old Ive been with my girlfriend, who is also 35 years, for over three years, we been living together for about year and a half and due to be engaged. Everything in the relationship is strong except for one thing, certain friends of hers. These are a group of friends she does Belly dancing with a couple of evenings a week, the trouble I find with them is ive got nothing in common with them so I have nothing to talk about with them, I find they just suck all my energy out of me and when im around them I just get bored. To give you some examples one friend who is married nearly 50 years old, no kids, I find her very judgemental, I dont like her manorism and I have a feeling she is using my girlfriend because her old friends have got kids so there is no common grounds between them. Another friend who is 38 years old, no kids, and whenever she is together with my girlfriend they behave like 3 year old kids so in other words my girfriend is a completely different person when they are together and finally another friend who is married and got a 3 year old kid and they are so lazy, messy, got no self respect and it just make me mad they are bringing a child up in that sort of environment. Don't got me wrong her friend from school and work are great and I get on really well with them but they are all married and got kids so she does not see them very often which I can understand. But the trouble is shes become very close to the friend I don't like and she hangs around with them very often. I like to have kids and my girlfriend is fairly keen on the idea and 40% of my reason for wanting kids so that she keeps away from her friends because there will be no common grounds between them and I know its the wrong reason for having kids. Please suggest on the best way of apporaching this situation.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Category Moderator on JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below: