TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I am a 65 yo male that lost his lower right leg and sits in

Customer Question

I am a 65 yo male that lost his lower right leg and sits in a wheelchair all day alone. How and where does someone like me find someone to chat with? All I want to do is chat, no dating, no marriage just chat!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 5 years ago.
If you would list your interests I think I can help you find a place with others of common interest. How did you lose your leg? What are you favorite TV shows, movies, music, etc. etc?

I am on CST and it is late here but I will check in tomorrow for your reply and give you a reply by tomorrow evening.

Edited by Dr. Bonnie on 11/16/2010 at 5:49 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Dr. Bonnie
My intrest is mostly building model boats. That's how I got my email address. I like to read and like most have a favorite author, mine is Clive Cussler.
I lost my leg because of a accident, I really don't want to go further about that. TV shows, I like NCIS, the military channel, animal planet, history channel, football, baseball,auto racing. I'm sure there are more.
I like action movies, although I have seen some really good "chick flicks". Music, Pink Floyd, The Ventures and 60's, 70's and some 80's music. At one time I listened to country and enjoyed it but the "artist" have changed country music to rock with fiddles and bandgoos. I very, very rarely listen to country anymore.
I love to fish but in this chair that's out. Maybe if I get a new leg I'll be able to go fishing again. Here, on the Gulf coast of Texas we have some really good fishing.
I live alone, I do have a dog, but she won't talk to me and being alone is hard. I am looking for someone that wants to chat over the net. This time of the year is really hard to be alone. I don't have much money as I live on Social Security Disability only. I could go on and on but that is just me. I love to talk.
Thanks for any help you can give. George
One last question, if you don't mind...what have you already tried as far as chat rooms go and what did you like or dislike about them? I started to look for you and found myself wondering these things .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello again Dr. Bonnie
The web sites I visited all seemed to be toward finding a sex partner. All I want to do is have someone to chat with. I'm to old and sit in a wheelchair to worry about sex. I'm at the stage in life that my sexual days have passed.
I use my computer most days and can find my way around the net but have a real problem finding someone to just chat with or a site that I can find that will show the way to people that just wants to chat. There must be a way to find that.
Well this is a challenge!!!

Check this one out and get back to me with a report...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, again Dr. Bonnie
I tried several times with no luck. I kept getting a "network error" message. I have no idea what I did wrong.

I just cut and pasted it to address bar and it worked. Try that.