Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I have been seeing this guy off and on for 7 years. Most of

I have been seeing this guy off and on for 7 years. Most of them he was with someone else but insisted it was me he wanted. He finally ended it with the girl to be with me but then kept going back and forth once again. What kind of guy does that? Tells you he misses you like crazy, so in love with you but then tells the other girl the same thing? And he is 55 years old. Ugh

Crazy in Love
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

A man who is not seeking a long term serious relationship and may want to keep his options open is the kind of man you're describing. He may want to go in between partners and not really offer a whole lot to them. You've been there for him and he finds you safe but in at the same time he is hurting you and breaking your trust.

Regardless of his age, he may not want to commit and may continue to leave this sort of life style. It would depend solely on you, what you want to do about your own situation. Do you want to keep on giving him chances or do you want to be the only one for him?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what would make the girl that he ended it with and in front of me no less, want to take this guy back? she has money and when he broke up with her the first time, she told him that if she found out it was because of another girl, she would ruin his business. she then tries to come back into his life and he tells her in front of me that he doesn't want to be with her, that she is high maintenance, and that he doesn't love her the way she needs to be loved. Then five days later she is calling him to meet her for drinks and then he is telling me he can't see me anymore. there is something definitely wrong with the both of them.....so why do I feel like there is something wrong with me.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
Many factors can be driving her behavior- codependency, esteem issues, possessiveness, etc. There is nothing wrong with you. Its your self talk that makes you feel that way.