Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

i have recently found myself single after my previous relationship

Customer Question

i have recently found myself single after my previous relationship came to an end.i was treated very badly by my ex, he frequently picked me up and dropped me when it suited him and always left me hanging as to where i stood with him. never finishing it completely so that i could free myself and move on. i am naturally a very shy and reserved person and this has left me even more quiet and has shattered all my self confidence.i would like some advice on how i can build myself back up to enable me to meet someone new.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

You've already identified what keeps you stuck- your inner dialog ex: always convinced they have an ulterior motive or are not sincere"

As long as you believe that no man is honest, you'd remain experiencing the difficulties you've shared. Your thoughts dictate your feelings and your behavior. You can not do the same thing and expect a different result.

Otherwise, you are sabotaging each possible new relationship right from the start.

Monitor your thoughts- how often you think these things, what you feel and what you do. There is a way to change your thoughts and your expectations. Tools such as hypnotherapy, autogenic training, cognitive therapy are some of these options. It is all up to you what you want to try and how persistent you'd be in your attempt. The past does not have to repeat itself.

Hypnosis for Self-confidence and Self-esteem (Hypnotic Empowerment Series for Self-Awakening) (Hypnotic Empowerment Series for Self-Awakening) by Janet I. Decker (Audio CD )