Kristin
Kristin, Counselor
Experience:  Psychotherapist and Relationships Expert with 11+ years exp. Dating, Relationships, Marriage.
45544450

hi,my boyfriend and i have been in a relationship for almost

hi,my boyfriend and i have been in a relationship for almost a year now...he is now very upset with me because i have missed a impt exam because i was too scared to attend it because i was too scared of failing...its been a week..he still is very angry with me...messaged him on his phone today he replied n called him yesterday he answered...but didn talk properly...we are going to meet tomorrow to talk..i am very scared and totally not sure of what to tell him to convince him...please help me...
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Kristin replied 6 years ago.

Hello

You need to tell him that while you can understand that he is disappointed, that what you really need most is his understanding, rather than being angry with you. That you wish yourself you felt more confident about taking the exam and you did not feel properly prepared and got really scared. That you know he only wants what is best for you, as do you. Then come up with a proactive solution, such as telling him you are going to get a tutor, or ask him if he could help you or that you have even talked with a counselor about the situation. In summary ask for his understanding rather than his anger.

Then you need to find a tutor or do something constructive to show him and yourself (more importantly) that you will take real action to overcome this fear by being prepared.

Please click ACCEPT, if satisfied. Or ask for more info. Thank you!