Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

My girlfriend and I of about 6 months had a big fight last

My girlfriend and I of about 6 months had a big fight last night. I feel like we were both at fault, and when we talked it out today I apologized and said I approached the matter the wrong way. She told me it's okay, but didn't apologize back. The argument was regarding control issues because I feel like she can be too controlling at times. I'm pretty bothered by her lack of apology, especially given the topic. I feel like she is "in control" again, but now that we're good I don't want to rekindle what we were initially arguing about. Should I just move on for now?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

No you shouldn't just move on for now because you would be repressing feelings that bother you as a result of her actions. Therefore, you should discuss this with her and begin the discussion by telling her that you don't want to argue or to upset her and that you need to share something with her so that you both can discuss it and move beyond it. Then begin your conversation with her and repeat the above statement if she begins to get loud, angry, or upset; reiterate the above statement as often as needed in a calm voice so that she continues to hear your words and to see you back them up (-in spite of her behavior) by remaining calm and discussing the issue. Be sure to tell her why it bothers you, why it hurts you etc., that she did not apologize. It is important to have healthy,honest, and respectful communication in every relationship to keep it moving in the right direction.
Expert:  Angela replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for allowing me to share with you and thank you for my bonus!