Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

Been dating a guy for 8 weeks all good untill he got a bad

Been dating a guy for 8 weeks all good untill he got a bad flu and very run down now he's not as happy as he was says he hopes it's just cos he's been unwell, should I give him some space and see what happens? Not seeing each other this weekend as he has to work but I am worries he's getting fed up with me. We both said we wanted to take things slowly as have had had bad relationships in the past and only see each other at weekends. He is 33, I am 43 and this bothers me slightly although he is not phased by it at all. He is the first guy I have felt comfortable with since my marriage ended however I find myself wondering when he's going to end it. I do think he is just a bit down in the dumps as he's been unwell but agan I'm thinking the worst. We really enjoy each others company. I last spoke to him last night and he said he would get thus weekends work over and that hopefully he would be in better form after that. Should I leave him to contact me now?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

I think you should give him some time and space to get over the flu and let him contact you. Also, you both agreed to take it slowly and to only see each other during the weekends, therefore, I don't think you have anything to worry about unless he gets well again and does not want to see you continuously on the weekends (- which you have not mentioned). It takes time to get over the flu which most people have had, but if you are fortunate enough to never have experienced it- count your blessings! When I had the flu as much as I love my family, especially my kids, I did not want to be bothered at all. Give him a weekend or two to recover and then if you haven't heard from him after two weekends, then I would contact him to check in and see how he is doing. Also, don't doom yourself or this relationship, continue to enjoy it and to hope for the best instead of waiting for it to end. If your waiting for it to end you can't possibly enjoy the relationship to the fullest (-which you should do)!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you Angela, I do think I have a habit of worrying too much, but I just had a feeling all was not well and I guess the age difference bothers me, why would a lovely young guy want to be with an older woman with bagage when he could pick and choose from the younger ones! Silly I know, but just how I feel! Thank you again and I will try not to be so negative, not normally like me, but I am frightened of being hurt.
Expert:  Angela replied 5 years ago.
Your more than welcome! Why would a lovely young sounds like it's because he realizes that age is just a number and he likes you (also everyone has some type of emotional baggage because we're only human and it takes time to heal).