Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

My ex-boyfirend has broken up with me about two months ago

My ex-boyfirend has broken up with me about two months ago and has been extremely busy the last month. Even though he has been busy, he communicated with me quited frequently out of his own accord. During this time, he was evasive as to whether there is any hope or not to salvage the relationship, contending that he is under too much pressure from work and studies to really consider the situation. The last week he has become distant and today I find out it is because his friends have advised him agaisnt speaking to me so we can move on and therefore he is also unwilling to meet to discuss anything. At what stage should you give up on a three year relationship and somebody that meant so much to you and just pretend that nothing really happened?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

If you believe that other factors besides his work stress were the cause for the break up and he more interested in listening to his friends than someone who has feelings for him, then it is time to move on. You do not forget the past 3 years nor the times you've spent together.

From what you've shared, he is using work pressure as an excuse for the separation. If he is not able to be straight forward with you and tell you where he stands, it would be healthier to move on. Even if you try your best, XXXXX XXXXX has to let you know what is really going on, what he wants, and what he's willing to do to repair the relationship.