Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

My girlfriend and i been together for a year. we do everything

My girlfriend and i been together for a year. we do everything together until tonight. Two days ago she got upset at me and hasn't really spoken to me until tonight to tell me she's going out with her friends. i don't know what to think about that.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is Angela.
I am more than happy to assist you with your questions by giving you my honest and respectful opinion.

I suggest that when the two of you talk again that you discuss the issue which caused her to get so upset and try to work through it together. In terms of her going out with her friends, this is not a bad thing at all. Both of you should take the necessary time you need away from each other after getting very upset and then come back together once you have both calmed down (- in this case once she has calmed down) and discuss the issue which caused her to get so upset. Additionally, you both should socialize apart from each other with your friends from time to time because there is nothing wrong with doing this and you both need your time and space apart from each other even when things are going well in your relationship- the same is true with all/most relationships.