TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

hi, i got divorced 3 years ago... and have regretted it immensely.

Customer Question

hi, i got divorced 3 years ago... and have regretted it immensely. my ex wants to be friends...and it's simply too painful for me... i want more... i want to be the partner again.

how can i fix this? i believe this issue she has with me is trust... as i had an affair. do i have any hope?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 5 years ago.

There are some cases where both partners marry each other again after a divorce. But those are few.

If the issue is with her trusting you, have you done anything to change that within yourself? You may also try to figure out why trust was broken (what led to it, is is something that can happen again, etc)

Is it possible that you're mixing guilt and regret with the feeling of wanting to reunite with her?

Edited by Dr Rossi on 11/3/2010 at 12:05 AM EST